ISO 27001 Auditor Transition
This course is an ideal course for practising ISMS internal auditors wishing to develop their knowledge and skills to accommodate the revisions made to ISO/IEC 27001 in 2013.
You need this course if...
- you wish to build on your existing ISMS auditing experience
- you want to audit your existing ISMS processes for effectiveness and improvement
- you are an ISMS auditor wanting to learn about ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and how the revisions to this standard affect you.
You will learn …
- the importance of information security for the organisation and its customers
- about the changes made to ISO/IEC 27001 when it was revised in 2013 and the significance of Annex SL
- how to adapt your auditing technique to accommodate the new and amended requirements in ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- how to audit processes and their interaction with other processes.
You will need …
- knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (with ISO/IEC 27002) prior to attending this course, which can be acquired by attending the LRQA ISO 27001 Appreciation and Interpretation training course
- knowledge of the commonly used information security management terms and definitions, as given in ISO/IEC 27000
- to understand the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle
experience of conducting information security management system audits.
Your future development
- LRQA business improvement courses
- LRQA ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course (IRCA approved)
- LRQA ISO 27001 Auditor Conversion course (IRCA approved).
Course length One day
This course can be delivered as an In-company event for those organisations implementing and auditing information security with more than five auditors wanting to develop knowledge of information security management systems, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and develop their auditing skills.