QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Conversion
You need this course if ...
- you have already successfully completed an Auditor/Lead Auditor training course in another discipline and want to extend your auditing competence to include quality management systems and ISO 9001
- you want to satisfy the formal Auditor/Lead Auditor Conversion training requirements for IRCA certification
You will learn ...
- the purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9000 principles of quality management
- essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 9001 requirements
- to analyse ISO 9001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
- to evaluate organisational context, QMS planning, quality policy and objectives
- how to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific quality objectives and actions to address risks and opportunities
- to prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
- to apply your existing auditor knowledge and skills to plan, conduct and report quality system audits
- how to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with ISO 9001 requirements
- to report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- how to relate your audit findings to the quality policy and objectives of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management
You will need …
- to have successfully completed an IRCA certified five-day Auditor/Lead Auditor course, or accepted equivalent if you wish to register as a QMS Auditor or Lead Auditor with IRCA. If you do not meet the above criteria, you need to attend our five day QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course
- knowledge of quality management principles and concepts
- knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
- to understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
- to have good knowledge of ISO 9001 and possess knowledge of these quality management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction; commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000; the process approach used in quality management; the Model of a Process Based Quality Management System; the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
Your future development
- See our Business Improvement courses
- Three days
This course meets the requirements of the IRCA QMS Auditor Conversion Training course criteria IRCA/9154
We also recommend these related courses to deepen your knowledge of this subject and take your skills up to the next level. Feel free to get in touch with our Client Service Team on 0800 328 6543 if you’d like more advice about which course is right for you or your team.