IOSH Senior Executives and Directors Workshop
Health and Safety
You need this course if ...
- you are a senior executive and need an understanding of the safety and health issues you face
- you wish to review management policies and strategies, and, where necessary, introduce changes to operate more safely
You will learn ...
- that health and safety is a main line management function, emanating from the top and descending through management layers
- the financial implications of accidents and ill health caused by working conditions
- to identify current legislation and other regulations relevant to the particular workplace including; the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Management of Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
the penalties for offences related to health and safety legislation, including the concept of corporate manslaughter
the significance of documentation and procedures to satisfy legislation
the law’s shift in emphasis to a non-prescriptive approach based on the assessment of risk in terms of best current practice
basic principles of risk assessment and how to identify the root causes of accidents
the need to appoint competent people to advise on the health and safety function